Sri Vijnananidhi Theertharu
Sri Vijnananidhi Theertharu took ashrama from Sri Vijayanidhi Theertha. Sri Vijnananidhi Theertharu is pontiff in sripadaraja/ mulbagal mutt. Below is his introduction.
Poorvashrama Name : Sri Bheemasen Achar
Ashrama Guru : Sri Vijayanidhi Theertha
Ashrama Sishya : Sri KeshavaNidhi Theertha
Aradhana : Bhadrapada Krishna, Tryodashi
Vrundavana Place : Mulbagal
Period : 1987-2010
Sri Vijnananidhi Theertharu during his Poorvashrama days was a social worker with the INC and was also the president for two terms of town municipal council, Mulbagal. He took the sanyasashrama from Sri Vijayanidhi Theertharu at an advanced age and ruled the mahasamsthana for 23 years. He was well versed in Madhwa Siddhanta and was also very much interested in Ayurveda, current affairs and also in politics. Swamiji had great organizational skills and was a visionary planner and developed Mulbagal town during his tenure as a president of Municipal council for two terms. Once he adorned the Peeta, he gradually lost interest in all the materialistic activities and started to concentrate on the spreading the Madhwa Siddhanta and on the development activities of the Mutt.
His Poorvashrama father Sri Krishnamurthy Achar was a member of the erstwhile Mysore representative assembly. He later became the peetadhipathi of Sripadaraja Mutt and was named as Sri Satyanidhi Theertharu. He was also popularly known as Shataayushi Swamiji.
Sri Vijnananidhi Theertharu became a mystical saint, a great sadhaka and was constantly performing Japa, Thapa and Anustana. He was always thinking and mediating upon god. His devotion towards Vishnu was pure, divine and Exemplary. Just days before Sri Vijnananidhi Theertharu attaining Haripada, Sri Suyateendra Theertharu of Sri Raghavendra Mutt felicitated and honored him with a title “Yathikula Chakravarthi”.
- Swamiji started monthly journal called Rangavittala, which was exclusively dedicated for propagating Dasa Sahitya
- He transformed the very outlook of Sri Narasimha Theertha at Mulbagal and established a huge auditorium named Rangavittala and also Sripadaraja Puja Mandira at Narasimha Theertha.
- Established Goshaalas
- He established national institute of Vedic sciences at Mulbagal and was responsible for publishing more than 50 books
- He created an all time record by performing MahaVishnu Yaaga for 18 days and his Brihathi Sahasra Yagna became memorable and because of this he is also known as Yagna Chakravarthi
- He conducted the 500th year of Aradhana of Sri Sripadaraja for one full year which is a record in itself. During that year, he facilitated more than 1000 scholars
- Conducted Haridasa Jaitrayatra across most of the towns in South India
- During an annual Aradhana of Sripadaraja, he offered his aradhya daiva Sri Gopinatha with Vajra Kavacha, Vajra Kireeta, Golden Peeta, Vajra Mantapa and Golden Mantapa
- He was responsible for publication of many books related to Haridasa Sahitya from Sripadaraja Mutt.
- He gave Haridasa Deekshe and Ankita to Dr.Aralumallige as “Parthasarathy Vittala”
- He established many educational institutions and hostels in Mulbagal
- Installed the Mrittika Vrundavana of Sri Padmanabha Theertharu at Mulbagal
Swamiji completed 92 years of meaningful life and completed 25 chaturmasayas as a saint and attained Haripada on Bhadrapada Krishna Tryodashi at Mulbagal.
ಶ್ರೀವಿಜ್ಞಾನನಿಧಿಂ ವಂದೇ ವೇದವಿಜ್ಞಾನ ದರ್ಶಕಂ
శ్రీవిజ్ఞాననిధిం వందే వేదవిజ్ఞాన దర్శకం
SrIvij~jAnanidhiM vaMdE vEdavij~jAna darSakaM